BRIGGS SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Briggs School District will follow all Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) required protocols to ensure the safety of all staff and students.
- BESD is planning for a full return to school for all schools and educational programs, including the After School program.This means we are back to our regular pre-COVID schedule. Four full days of instruction and an early release Wednesday(1:00/1:30)
At School Sites:
- SCREENING: is not required. Parents are to perform daily health screening checks at home before sending their students to school, including insuring their child has temperatures below 99.5 and does not show any cold, cough or flu-like symptoms. Staff is required to perform daily health and screening checks before entering school grounds.
- INDOORS: Employees, Guests, and Students must wear face coverings.
- OUTDOORS: Employees, Guests, and Students are NOT required to wear face coverings.
- TRANSPORTATION: Employees, Guests, and Students are required to wear face coverings.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: No physical distancing requirements in classrooms or bus.
- LUNCH PROGRAM: Students will eat lunch on campus with their peers following the latest public health guidelines. ALL students will have access to the Briggs School District meal programs FREE OF CHARGE.
INDEPENDENT STUDY INFORMATION – AB/SB 130
AB/SB130 proposes a revision to Independent Study requirements for the 2021-22 school year. If you wish to inquire about Independent Study for your student(s), please call 805 525-7540, and a district staff member will contact you with more information.
What is the New Independent Study AB130?
This is not the virtual instruction our families experienced during the pandemic. Independent study is just that, independent. Students are assigned work for the week in each of their subjects and complete their work independently. Students will have daily or weekly check-ins with their teachers, depending on the student’s grade level. For grades Kindergarten through 3, there is a daily check-in with their teacher. For grades 4 through 12 there is a weekly check-in. Unfortunately, the District cannot provide the same type of distance learning as we did during the pandemic, because the state legislature removed that option.